Thursday 2 July 2015

Best of June and Our July TBR

Rather than a list of all the books we've read this month - which would probably be fairly boring to read we each chose one favourite and one least favourite book for the month. And then we have each chosen five books for our July TBR we will probably read more than that, summer is full of free time after all, but these are the five we are most intending to read. You can click on any of the pictures to head over to their Goodreads pages if you are interested.

Ann's Favourite Book of June:
Girl Online by Zoe Sugg
A fairly obvious choice for me, I've mentioned it a few times before. You can find my review here.

Clare's Favourite Book of June:
I Am Her Revenge by Meredith Moore
I mentioned this in my Top Ten Books of the Year so Far here . A truly amazing protagonist and the whole plot and mystery had me on the edge of my seat.

Ann's Least Favourite Book of June:
Suspicion by Alexandra Monir
It is entirely possible that if I didn't live in England this would have been more enjoyable but this American view of England was so entirely inaccurate its more cringe than relatable. (Note from Clare: I read this in May so I can wholeheartedly second this. There's no way we as a country are that into polo. Or Duchesses.)

Clare's Least Favourite Book of June:
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
I did write a review for this book here. The series as a whole had one main problem which was that all the interesting characters were sidelined in favour of disappointing main characters.

Ann's TBR for July:
I have a TBR Jar (or more accurately a TBR Butterbeer cup we got from the Harry Potter Studios) and have set myself five books to read this month.
The Program by Suzanne Young
Icons by Margaret Stohl
Still Star-Crossed by Melinda Taub
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik

Clare's TBR for July:
I hope to read more but these are my solid five. I also always read one classic a month and one other (for example fact), this month I chose a short story anthology.
The Revenge Playbook by Rachael Allen
Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger
Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout
Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews(Actually adding this to your list too Ann, we need to see the film!)
The Warden by Anthony Trollope
Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales by Melissa Marr and Tim Pratt 

Let us know in the comments what your favourite/least favourite books of June were and what books you intend reading this month and have a great Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment