Wednesday 12 August 2015

WWW Wednesday 12th August

WWW Wednesdays was originally hosted at Should Be Reading and has now been revived by Taking on a World of Words. The three W's are;
1) What are you Currently Reading?
2) What did you recently finish reading?
3) What do you think you'll read next?

Ann:

Currently Reading:
Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1)
Although I am still reading The Essence, I am reading it so slowly that I have decided to take a short break from reading it and have started reading By Midnight which was on my TBR for this month. I am also still reading Anne of Green Gables.

Recently Finished Reading:
I haven't finished reading any books since Wednesday last week as I haven't been reading as much as I would like.

Thinking of Reading Next: 
I plan to finish reading The Essence and then I will take a break from the series and read The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross.

Clare:

Currently Reading:
The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1)Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the SeaUneasy Lies the Head (Tudor Saga, #1)
I have just started The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan and I am really enjoying it so far. I loved Percy Jackson, and The Heroes of Olympus so my hopes for this are high. I am 103 pages through Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne and am liking it more and more as it goes on. I started Uneasy Lies the Head and found that the historical aspect of it was a fair bit of info dump and a lot of it was stuff I already knew because I studied this time period in college. I understand why the information is there but its a little dull to read, so I am going through it very slowly. I hope to finish it by the end of the month but I am only 65 pages through at the moment.


Recently Finished Reading:
The Falconer
I really enjoyed The Falconer, I would give it 4 out of 5 stars, it took me a little time to get into but I think that was my own fault since I wasn't in the right mood for it. There is a cliff-hanger which I am not keen on, especially since the next book isn't released until September 2016!

Thinking of Reading Next: 
The Throne of Fire (Kane Chronicles, #2)The Serpent's Shadow (Kane Chronicles, #3)Netherwood
Once I have finished The Red Pyramid I will be moving on and finishing the last two books in the series which are The Throne of Fire and The Serpent's Shadow. I will then be reading Netherwood which is the first book in the Eve Williams series by Jane Sanderson. Which is apparently "Perfect for fans of Downton Abbey" and I really enjoyed the first two seasons, although I then lost interest a bit. I probably won't be finishing this series at the moment as I only have the first and the third books.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You can find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) and on Twitter (Ann and Clare)

10 comments:

  1. Both Anne of Green Gables and 20,000 Leagues are books I think I've convinced myself I've read, when really I haven't! (and should :-)
    I'm a Downton fan, so Netherwood sounds good - looking forward to hearing what you make of it.
    Thanks for visiting my WWW and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twenty Thousand Leagues had been on my shelf for ages and I'd somehow convinced myself I'd read it too! But then I opened it and realised nope, never read it! Definitely recommend Anne of Green Gables and 20,000 Leagues as well if you have patience for a lot of science! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I have Anne of Green Gables on audio. I remember reading it when I was younger, and I want to go through it again. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am really enjoying it at the moment it is a fantastic book.

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of The Essence and I have The Girl In The Steel Corset on my TBR as well.

    Happy Wednesday and thanks for visiting my WWW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although i didn't love the Pledge i decided to read the second book anyway and am now loving it. I can't wait to read The Girl In The Steel Corset. Thanks for viewing our blog.

      Delete
  4. (Not sure if I actually ever got as far as posting my comment the first time I typed it, or if it got eaten, or if it is simply in the moderation queue, but here it is again, just in case it got lost).

    Man, I really need to read Anne of Green Gables. I must be the only person in my immediately friendship group who didn't read it as a young girl. I feel very out of the loop about it.

    The Girl in the Steel Corset has a very pretty cover, though I do sometimes struggle with steampunk books. I might look into this one, though.

    Thanks for stopping by my WWW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read Anne of Green Gables it is a great book and I am loving it. I love steam punk and can't wait to read The Girl in the Steel Corset .

      Delete
  5. I've heard really good things about Kimberly Derting and that book cover is so nice! I'll have to check that one out :) And I'll also be interested in your thoughts on The Girl in the Steel Corset - I had that out from the library a while ago but returned it unread but that may have been a mistake!

    Thanks for stopping by my WWW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go check out The Pledge series it is good. Although i haven't read The Girl in the Steel Corset yet I cannot wait to read it next. I am probably going to do a review of The Girl in the Steel Corset if i get time once i have finished it.

      Delete