Monday 28 September 2015

October Releases 2015

There are so, so many new releases I am excited for in October! Why is it that so many books are released on the same day? I can already tell the 6th is going to be a nightmare for my poor postman! Also is it just me, or are book covers in October really stepping up their game?
Angel Dares (Benedicts, #5)An Inheritance of AshesThe Chess Queen Enigma (Stoker & Holmes, #3)A Madness So DiscreetThe Rest of Us Just Live HereThe Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1)Carry OnIlluminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)A Thousand NightsThese Shallow Graves
Angel Dares by Joss Stirling: Due for release 1st October. This is the fifth book in what is mostly a really light fun story. Every single one is insta-love if that bothers you but it's because of the supernatural element and the explanation means I don't hate it as much here.
An Inheritance of Ashes by Leah Bobet: Due for release 6th October. I pre-ordered this way too late and my copy now isn't expected to arrive until the 28th October - but just look at that cover!
The Chess Queen Enigma by Colleen Gleason: Due for release 6th October. I really enjoyed the first two books so I have fairly high hopes for this.
A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis: Due for release 6th October. Probably one of my most anticipated for October, the cover, the title, the description - I love everything.
The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness: Due for release 6th October. We actually already have our copy of this (thanks to read for review from Waterstones) but it's still exciting. You can find my review here.
The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan: Due for release 6th October. So much excitement!!! This is one of my most anticipated of the whole year and I know it won't let me down!
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell: Due for release 6th October. I loved Fangirl, and a huge part of that was Simon Snow so I am really, really excited for this!
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: Due for release 20th October. I love the layout of this book. I know the advanced reviews are a little mixed but I am keeping my hopes up.
A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston: Due for release 22nd October. The Wrath and the Dawn set the bar pretty high for Arabian Nights retellings - which means I feel kind of iffy about this one. It looks good but it might suffer by comparison. 
These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly: Due for release 27th October. We received a copy of this book from Netgalley and I will be posting my full review closer to the release date.



You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) and on Twitter (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

No comments:

Post a Comment