Wednesday 25 November 2015

Wednesday Catch-Up 25th November

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday, What Are You Reading Wednesday? and Waiting on Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next? 
What Are You Reading Wednesday are hosted on It's a Reading Thing and asks;
1. What's the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34 or 34% in your e-book and share one complete sentence.
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?
Waiting on Wednesday is hosted at Breaking the Spine and is a chance to show what upcoming releases you are excited for! Each week we will take it in turns to choose a book for Waiting on Wednesday and this week was Clare's turn! You can click any of the pictures in the post to go to that books goodreads page.

Ann:

Currently Reading:
Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)
I am still currently reading Illuminae because Clare got me started on watching the series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I have been watching a lot of it. I am also reading The Turn of the Screw but I am nearly finished.
Recently Finished:
As I have said I have been watching a lot of Netflix because Clare got me addicted to yet another TV series. So I haven't read anything this past week.
Planning to Read Next:
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
I am still planning on reading the Throne Of Glass series next and am very excited to read them.
"It was gargantuan, a vertical city of shimmering, crystalline towers and bridges, chambers and turrets, domed ballrooms and long, endless hallways." -Page 34, Throne of Glass
I love this description of the Castle I find it so easy to imagine in my head it is like it is right in front of me. I don't think I would want to live in this world though.

Clare:

Currently Reading:
Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1)
I am just about to start reading Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine which I am definitely intrigued to read. I don't think I've heard much good or bad about it so I'm not sure what to expect but I do love books about books so fingers crossed. 
"Jess carefully wrapped the fragile book in waterproof layers, then put it into a smuggling harness." -Page 34, Ink and Bone
Ah yes, book smuggling. Such fun. I find it so weird to imagine a world in which owning books is illegal. I'd be locked up for sure. I am not sure I would want to live in this world. I mean, on one hand, would love to visit the Great Library of Alexandria - that would be amazing. On the other - no owning books. I couldn't do it. Physically impossible. 
Recently Finished:
Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)An Inheritance of Ashes
I have had a really slow week reading wise, and it took me seven days to read Winter by Marissa Meyer. I really enjoyed Winter and I am satisfied with how the series wrapped up. I am definitely looking forward to her next series. My review for Winter will be up tomorrow. I then read An Inheritance of Ashes by Leah Bobet which I did enjoy although I had some problems with the world building and the pace of the plot. My review for this will be posted on Friday. 
Planning to Read Next:
Sing Down the StarsSoundlessUprootedThe Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1)The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
I have been planning to read Sing Down the Stars ever since it was released and it's just sat on my TBR shelf looking pretty for well over a month so I definitely need to read that next. I also plan to read Soundless by Richelle Mead which I have heard some not so good things about but it's really short so it should be quite a quick read. I am most excited to read Uprooted by Naomi Novik since it's a book I've heard nothing bad about at all. And then I plan to read The Elemental Trilogy by Sherry Thomas which starts with The Burning Sky, I have been wanting to read these since the first book came out but was waiting for the trilogy to be complete.

Waiting on Wednesday:

Night Study (Soulfinders, #2)
Night Study by Maria V. Snyder
Ever since being kidnapped from the Illiais Jungle as a child, Yelena Zaltana's life has been fraught with peril. But the recent loss of her Soulfinding abilities has endangered her more than ever before. As she desperately searches for a way to reclaim her magic, her enemies are closing in, and neither Ixia nor Sitia is safe for her anymore. Especially since the growing discord between the two countries and the possibility of a war threatens everything Yelena holds dear.  
Valek is determined to protect Yelena, but he's quickly running out of options. The Commander suspects that his loyalties are divided, and he's been keeping secrets from Valek…secrets that put him, Yelena and all their friends in terrible danger. As they uncover the various layers of the Commander's mysterious plans, they realize it's far more sinister than they could have ever imagined.

Clare: I love Maria V. Snyder's books and I am beyond excited that there are more Yelena/Valek books because I adore them. I can hardly wait for this! It will be released on the 26th January.


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

12 comments:

  1. These all look exciting...I'm especially drawn to Uprooted. Enjoy! Here's mine:
    “AFTER SHE’S GONE”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably the book I am most excited for. It's the first book I can remember hearing absolutely nothing bad about!

      Delete
  2. You have so many good reads coming up! I'm still marooned to my TBR pile that has transformed into its own island...

    https://girlof1000wonders.wordpress.com/2015/11/25/www-wednesdays-november-25/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have all my TBR reads kept with my other books and I recently separated them out and it's terrifying how many there actually are!

      Delete
  3. Hope Winter is everything you wanted it to be! Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a great end to the series definitely! Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  4. Winter's a good book to take your time with anyway. As it's the last in the series it's nice to hang out with the characters for the last time. I've only heard good things about Illuminae, so it'll be good to hear what Ann thinks.
    Throne of Glass is good, but the books in the series get better (the second one is still the best, in my opinion).
    Here's my WWW: https://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2015/11/25/www-wednesday-25th-november-2015/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am used to reading through books fast and it was definitely a change in pace which was kind of nice however unproductive it made me feel! I think I agree that it was a good one to take time with though and I'll miss those characters.
      I loved Illuminae and I know Ann is really enjoying it as well. The second throne of glass might just be my favourite as well although I am just so caught up in the story now and each book seems better than the last!

      Delete
  5. I loooove Buffy, so no shame. No shame! I recently just jumped back into the blogosphere and have been seeing Illuminae all over the place. I'm really gonna have to check that book out. I hope you enjoy Soundless when you read it. I am obsessed with Richelle Mead, so I hope this novel is as good as her others. Happy reading!

    My WWW Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really loving Buffy it is brilliant. Also you should really think about reading Illuminae it is brilliant. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. I really loved Ink and Bone and can't wait for the next installment. I'm on the border about Soundless but may grab it if I see it at the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished it and I really enjoyed it, definitely intrigued to see where the series goes next. I just started Soundless and I am unimpressed so far but I am hoping it improves.

      Delete