Wednesday 23 December 2015

Wednesday Catch-Up 23rd December 2015

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday, What Are You Reading Wednesday? and Waiting on Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next? 
What Are You Reading Wednesday are hosted on It's a Reading Thing and asks;
1. What's the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34 or 34% in your e-book and share one complete sentence.
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?
Waiting on Wednesday is hosted at Breaking the Spine and is a chance to show what upcoming releases you are excited for! Each week we will take it in turns to choose a book for Waiting on Wednesday and this week was Clare's turn! You can click any of the pictures in the post to go to that books goodreads page.

Ann:

Currently Reading:
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
I am currently reading Crown of Midnight which I am really enjoying.

"There was nothing interesting about the elegant, green-roofed town-house," - Page 34 Crown of Midnight
For some parts of this book I feel like I would love to live in this world but then something happens that makes me change my mind. 

Recently Finished:
Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
I finished Illuminae and really loved it, it was brilliant and I loved how unique it was. I then read Throne of Glass which I've been planning to read for so long and I loved the development of the characters.

Planning to Read Next:
The Testing (The Testing, #1)The Hunt (The Hunt, #1)
Next I am planning to read The Testing which Clare got me from the Library and it sounds like a very good book. And then I may start The Hunt which Clare got me yesterday and they sound like a great read.

Clare:

Currently Reading:
Married By Christmas
I am just about to start Married by Christmas by Scarlett Bailey. I love books about wedding and books about Christmas and I have enjoyed her books in the past so I hope I will enjoy this.
"I'm marrying you, the singularly most perfect woman I have ever encountered in my life. The only woman in the world who irons her PJs before getting into bed and, most importantly of all, the woman that I love." - Page 34, Married by Christmas
Recently Finished:
Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3)For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1)Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)Just For Christmas
I read Their Fractured Light first last week which I really enjoyed, I thought it was an excellent ending to the series although I think I did love the first two books a tiny bit more. I then read For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund which was nothing like I had expected but I nevertheless enjoyed it. I also read the sequel/companion Across a Star-Swept Sea which was a Scarlet Pimpernel retelling and I did enjoy it, there was a cameo with the characters from the first book which I didn't like as much as I thought I might but I liked the main character a lot. And I also just finished Just For Christmas by Scarlett Bailey which I enjoyed. Not a fan of a love triangle but I did really like how cute this was.
Planning to Read Next:
The Night Before ChristmasThe Winter WeddingA Girl’s Best FriendChristmas Ever AfterThe Parisian Christmas Bake Off
I should have a lot of free time today and tomorrow so I am hoping to get through a lot of my Christmas books! I love Christmas books in general so hopefully these will bring me out of the slump I've been in lately.

Waiting on Wednesday:

Rebel of the Sands
Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
She’s more gunpowder than girl—and the fate of the desert lies in her hands.
Mortals rule the desert nation of Miraji, but mystical beasts still roam the wild and barren wastes, and rumor has it that somewhere, djinni still practice their magic. But there's nothing mystical or magical about Dustwalk, the dead-end town that Amani can't wait to escape from.
Destined to wind up "wed or dead," Amani’s counting on her sharpshooting skills to get her out of Dustwalk. When she meets Jin, a mysterious and devastatingly handsome foreigner, in a shooting contest, she figures he’s the perfect escape route. But in all her years spent dreaming of leaving home, she never imagined she'd gallop away on a mythical horse, fleeing the murderous Sultan's army, with a fugitive who's wanted for treason. And she'd never have predicted she'd fall in love with him...or that he'd help her unlock the powerful truth of who she really is.
 

Clare: This just sounds like a book designed for me. I am beyond excited for this and it's released just before my birthday in March which I love!


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

18 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Ann loved Illuminae. I gave it 5 stars, which is a rare thing!
    That's A LOT of winter/Christmassy reads! It's nice to read something relaxing and fun and I'm sure you'll breeze through them :-)
    Here's my WWW: https://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2015/12/23/www-wednesday-23rd-december-2015/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only managed to read half my Christmas reads! Will have to put the others to one side until next year!

      Delete
  2. Rebel of the Sands looks freaking amazing! And that cover is really gorgeous! :)

    My WOW!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only heard about it recently but I pre-ordered it straight away! Hopefully it will be wonderful!

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of books read. Congrats. I like how so many have a holiday theme. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a very seasonal reader I find! Had a great Christmas, hope you did too!

      Delete
  4. The Maas books are on my list for 2016, and maybe the Testing too. I've been wanting to read some charbonneau.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Need on my shelf and am looking forward to reading it soon!

      Delete
  5. I love books like Rebel of the Sands, I absolutely cannot wait to read it as well! Great pick!!

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like an amazing read! I'm very much looking forward to it!

      Delete
  6. All those Christmas books!! I am loving seeing them all over. I am running out of time to get mine read; I think I'll save them all for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read about half of mine so the rest will be put away for next year as well!

      Delete
  7. You're so good about reading Christmas books around the holiday. I'm terrible at timing up my books to match the season. If I ever do, it's because my book club admin is super organized, haha. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read things very seasonally which I like! I tend to be a very organised reader! I am very OCD about reading my books in a certain order!

      Delete
  8. I wanted to read The Hunt so badly when it came out, but I completely forgot about it! Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed like a perfect read for Ann so I grabbed them for her! Hoping she enjoys them!

      Delete
  9. Looks like you had a great week! And that WoW looks so great!
    Hope you get some great books under the tree! Merry Christmas!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did get some great books! Really looking forward to reading them all! Hope you had a great Christmas!

      Delete