Tuesday 29 March 2016

Top Ten Books We Read in March

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke & the Bookish and you can check it out here if you would like to take part!

1) The Steep & Thorny Way by Cat Winters
The Steep & Thorny Way
Clare: This book blew me away. It was everything I had wanted it to be and more.

2) Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1)
Clare: I was both nervous and excited for this but Cassandra Clare did it again and wrote a book I loved from cover to cover.
Ann: I loved everything about this book.

3) The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine
The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1)
Clare: I have a full review up for this one, it was great. I always love retellings but this was fairly ruthless.

4) These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas
These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks, #1)
Clare: This was everything I expected a book described as Jane Austen meets X-Men would be and I loved it.
Ann: Could have read it in one sitting if it wasn't for pesky things like school and eating.

5) Grace and Style: The Art of Pretending You Have It by Grace Helbig
Grace & Style: The Art of Pretending You Have It
Clare: A little different from my usual reads but I sped through this it was a lot of fun.

6) Starflight by Melissa Landers
Starflight (Starflight, #1)
Clare: This was a little slow to start but once the pace picked up I loved every second. This was another one that was just a lot of fun.

7) Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay
Princess of Thorns
Clare: Another retelling, this time a sort of sequel to Sleeping Beauty. The main characters did so many stupid things but I loved them anyway.

8) Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
Passenger (Passenger, #1)
Clare: This book was a bit over-hyped for me but I still really enjoyed it. And I am definitely excited for the sequel.
Ann: Overall I loved this, and the cover is so, so pretty.

9) Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
Ann: Good retelling of a classic story with a twist. I get why Clare has been pestering me to read this series.

10) Secrets of Drearcliff Grange School by Kim Newman
The Secrets of Drearcliff Grange School
Clare: I enjoyed this a lot more than I even expected to.
Ann: I loved the characters and the descriptions of the creepy things. 


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

6 comments:

  1. Lady Midnight has been sitting on my kindle waiting for me! I really want to start it but I have so many other books I have to read first! Too many books, not enough time! Great list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's always my problem as well! It's definitely a great book but very long so best to wait until you have time for it!

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to read The Secrets of Drearcliff Grange School for some time now. Glad to see it on your list. I just got notification that The Shadow Queen is ready for me to pick up at the library. Always love checking out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I do love both those books, I think its best to go into The Secrets of Drearcliff Grange School blind because it was nothing like I had expected! And I hope you enjoy The Shadow Queen!

      Delete
  3. Starflight is one I want to get too. Good to know the beginning is a bit slow, I'll make sure I stick with it. The Shadow Queen and LAdy Midnight both seem to be getting a lot of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember telling my Dad I wasn't sure I was going to like it when I was at the beginning but by the time I finished I was trying to get everyone to read it! It's such a fun read. The Shadow Queen and Lady Midnight deserve a lot of love!

      Delete