Tuesday 14 June 2016

Top Ten Most Anticipated Reads for the Second Half of the Year

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I love anticipating new books, I pre-order books long in advance and then spend a lot of time excitedly waiting for its release - so I had a lot of books to narrow down into ten!

1) Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)
Illuminae was one of my favourite books last year so I am definitely excited for the sequel to be released!

2) Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes
Crystal Storm (Falling Kingdoms, #5)
The wait for this book is killing me. I loved the first four books and am excited to continue the series. 

3) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
The illustrations in the first one were such a beautiful addition to the story and I am looking forward to seeing the new ones.

4) Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
The way Six of Crows ended I know I will be reading Crooked Kingdom the second it arrives! 

5) Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge
Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Untitled, #1)
I have loved both of Rosamund Hodge's other books so I have no doubt I will enjoy this new series. 

6) Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Heartless
I love both Marissa Meyer and the Alice in Wonderland story so this should be amazing! Plus, I always love the "villain" perspective. 

7) Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
Only two books left in this series and I am excited to see where the story goes next, plus I love big books and this is bound to be huge!

8) Yesternight by Cat Winters
Yesternight
I discovered Cat Winters last year and have loved all her books so I was always going to be excited for this one.

9) Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
How long has it been since I could have had even one Harry Potter book on a new release list - and now I can have two! This is a great year. I only wish I could get up to London to see the play.

10) Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)
I actually haven't heard much about this one but the plot intrigues me and since Jay Kristoff is one half of the writing team for Illuminae - this should be a great read. 


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

4 comments:

  1. Gemina definitely one I'm looking forward to, and Crystal Storm looks good too. All the books in that series have such nice covers. I may have to read it at some point. Nice that those books are coming out without huge waits for each one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are supposedly the Young Adult Game of Thrones, which I kind of agree with! And they all seem to end on cliff-hangers which would kill me if there were huge waits!

      Delete
  2. Heartless, Empire of Storms and The Cursed Child were all on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/top-ten-tuesday-61/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all going to be so great, I can feel it! Hope we both enjoy them!

      Delete