Wednesday 22 June 2016

Wednesday Catch-Up 22nd June 2016

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next?

Ann:

Currently Reading:
Angel (Angel, #1)Me Before You (Me Before You, #1)
I have only read a few pages of Angel as I then got distracted by Me Before You which I am really enjoying although I am just waiting for it to become sad.

Recently Finished:
The Unexpected Everything
I really enjoyed The Unexpected Everything as it was a really good book, also I really love that there is a pug on the cover because I love pugs. Also I loved the characters, although as I got half way through I couldn't help but expect for something bad to happen.

Planning to Read Next:
PS, I Love You
Next I am planning on reading PS I Love You, which Clare wants me to read, and I am excited to read it even though I am not yet sure what it will be about but if Clare liked it then it must be good.

Clare:

Currently Reading:
The Scoundrel and the Debutante (The Cabot Sisters, #3)
I have just started reading The Scoundrel and the Debutante by Julia London which is the third book in the Cabot Sisters series. I enjoyed the first two so I am hoping this will be another fun read. 

Recently Finished:
Love, Come to MeA Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1)A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)Lord Dashwood Missed Out (Spindle Cove, #4.5)Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)A Rake's Midnight Kiss (Sons of Sin, #2)Scandal Wears Satin (The Dressmakers, #2)Vixen in Velvet (The Dressmakers, #3)
Seducing the Heiress (Heiress in London, #1)The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent #2)Once Upon a Tower (Fairy Tales #5)What a Lady Needs (The Redgraves, #2)One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
Twice Tempted by a RogueThree Nights with a ScoundrelSnowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, #4.5)The Trouble With Honour (The Cabot Sisters, #1)The Devil Takes a Bride (The Cabot Sisters, #2)
The first book I read this week was Love, Come to Me by Lisa Kleypas. This is one of her earliest works and there are some points where the writing is a bit clunky and the plot isn't perfectly set out but I enjoyed the story and liked the characters. And then I finally read Tessa Dare's Spindle Cove series which I loved. I wasn't expecting to enjoy these as much as I did but they were funny and romantic and a lot of fun to read. I also read Romancing the Duke which is the first book in her Castles Ever After series and a great read. I then read a number of library books. A Rake's Midnight Kiss was a compelling story with an intriguing romance and Anna Campbell is a newly discovered author for me. Scandal Wears Satin and Vixen in Velvet are the second and third books in the Dressmakers series and I loved them. I only wish the library had more Loretta Chase books. The one disappointing book for me this week was Seducing the Heiress which I couldn't quite get into. My favourite new discovery of the week was Kasey Michaels' What a Lady Needs which I very much enjoyed - I have already ordered more by her. I also read another Tessa Dare series which was good but not as good, in my opinion, as her Spindle Cove series. 

Planning to Read Next: 
The Taming of the Rake (Blackthorn Brothers, #1)A Midsummer Night's Sin (Blackthorn Brothers #2)Much Ado About Rogues (Blackthorn Brothers, #3)
My romance marathon continues since I seem to be too tired to read any other genre (not sure why it works that way) and I am planning to read more Kasey Michaels books next since I enjoyed What a Lady Needs so much.

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

13 comments:

  1. Hope you're enjoying Me Before You. I liked it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare: blimey! How many books?!?!?! You're not kidding when you say "romance marathon"! I've only ever read one Regency romance (From Wallflower to Countess by Janice Preston) but it was brilliant. I can see how they'd become addictive :-)

    I hope Ann enjoys Me Before You. I read it quite a long time ago and thought it was good, although not as life-changing as others made out. It looks like they've done a good job adapting it to film. If I'm lucky, I might get to go and see it next week.

    Thanks for visiting my WWW post earlier (https://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2016/06/22/www-wednesday-22nd-june-2016/) and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always read romance novels in one sitting so I tend to cram a lot into a day! I've never read From Wallflower to Countess but its going on my list!
      I'd love to see Me Before You but our local cinema isn't showing it so I may have to wait for the DVD!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my WWW Wednesday earlier!
    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a lot of books you've just finished reading! Here's my WWW: http://rabbitearsbookblog.blogspot.com/2016/06/www-wednesdays-8-june-22-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have knowing a book will get sad! Keep it chipper. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I tend to avoid them because otherwise I spend the whole book waiting to cry!

      Delete
  6. Ann, I know what you mean about waiting for Me Before You to become sad. I keep seeing all the publicity for the movie and they seem really keen to impress upon me that it's a huge tearjerker!

    Clare - I am always in awe of how many books you finish in a week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cried a lot when I read Me Before You!

      Delete
  7. Holy mackerel! You have read a TON of books! Was that in only a week? Cripes! I also love romances, I wouldn't be able to pass them up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always read Romances really fast! This isn't a normal amount for me to read in a week!

      Delete