Sunday 3 July 2016

Sunday Post 3rd July 2016

The Sunday Post STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it.

Last Week on the Blog:

  • Cover Characteristic: Ladders
  • Clare Reviews: Imprudence by Gail Carriger
  • Dane Cobain Exclusive Poem

Books We Got This Week:
And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1)Tanya BakesAfter You (Me Before You, #2)
And I Darken by Kiersten White: I have been looking forward to this book for so long! If it is as brutal as it promises to be this should be a great read.
Tanya Bakes by Tanya Burr: I managed to snag a signed copy primarily for Ann who is a fan (and who likes to bake).
After You by Jojo Moyes: Me Before You broke my heart, I am hoping that somehow After You manages to put it back together!


Reading Update:
Ann:

Me Before You (Me Before You, #1)The Wrath & the Dawn (The Wrath & the Dawn, #1)
Me Before You by JoJo Moyes: 5 stars, I really enjoyed this book. Also hopefully I will be able to read the next book soon.
The Wrath and The Dawn by : 5 stars, I loved this book. At first I wasn't loving it but after about 50 pages I was really enjoying it. Also looking forward to reading the next book as soon as Clare has read it. 

Clare:
Something Sinful (Griffin Family, #3)Sins of a Duke (Griffin Family, #4)An Arranged MarriageMiss WonderfulMr. Impossible (Carsington Brothers, #2)
Lord Perfect (Carsington Brothers, #3)Not Quite a LadyLast Night's Scandal (Carsington Brothers #5)From Wallflower to CountessSay Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2)
When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3)Too Wicked to Tame (The Derrings, #2)One Night With You (The Derrings #3)Surrender to Me (The Derrings, #4)
I finally finished off all my Regency Romance novels this week - I enjoyed all of them although some - like the Tessa Dare books did stand out more than others. 
Wickham HallOne Hot Summer: A sparky, sexy summer readSleepless In ManhattanSome Kind of WonderfulThe Love Detective
Wickham Hall by Cathy Bramley: 4 stars, This was a really fun read. It's long but I went through it so quick. I did find that the characters waggled their eyebrows a lot which started to get ridiculous and the main character twirled around so many times I wasn't surprised when she fainted.
One Hot Summer by Kat French: 4 stars, Lots of funny moments and a good romance. I really liked the main characters but I loved the side characters - they were so ridiculous. 
Sleepless in Manhattan by Sarah Morgan: 5 stars, This was my first ever Sarah Morgan book despite the fact I've been recommended her books before. I loved it. It was light and funny and I adored the characters. 
Some Kind of Wonderful by Sarah Morgan: 4.5 stars, I am now officially a fan of Sarah Morgan! These are such easy to read books yet the characters have great depth.
The Love Detective by Alexandra Potter: 3.5 stars, The setting was amazing and I liked the plot but the main character kept acting like an idiot!


Next Week on the Blog:

  • Cover Characteristic: Feathers
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Clare Reviews: The Second Love of My Life by Victoria Walters
  • Friday Reads

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

2 comments:

  1. Those last five covers are so bright and summery- they look good all lined up like that. :) Hope you are both having a good weekend and have a great reading week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love contemporary covers! Hope you have a great weekend too :)

      Delete