Wednesday 10 August 2016

Wednesday Catch-Up 10th August 2016

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next? 


Ann:


Currently Reading:
The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2)Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
I am really enjoying The Rose and The Dagger  although it is annoying because I don't like them not being together. However so far I am loving it and should finish it soon. I am also reading Shatter Me; I can't decided whether I love it yet but so far I have only read a chapter and I am enjoying it.

Recently Finished:
The Key to the Golden FirebirdThe Last Summer of UsHarry Potter and the Cursed Child
I recently finished Harry Potter and The Cursed Child which I loved and read in about 2 days, it was incredible and I just really loved everything about it, it was sad that I had to relive lots of deaths from previous books though. I also recently finished The Key to The Golden Firebird and The Last Summer of Us both of which I really enjoyed as they were such great stories.

Planning to Read Next:
Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)
Next I plan on reading Unravel Me and Ignite Me because I am currently reading Shatter Me which I am enjoying so I want to read the rest of the books in the trilogy. I am also going to be reading Grave Mercy  because Clare wants me too and I don't know what else I feel like reading.

Clare:

Currently Reading:
The Star-Touched Queen (The Star-Touched Queen, #1)
I am so excited to start The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi. I have heard nothing but amazing things about this book and I am very keen to get into it. I'm not sure what to expect from it plot-wise but I am intrigued to find out more.

Recently Finished:
The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2)Assassin's Heart (Assassin's Heart, #1)Witch Hunter (The Witch Hunter, #1)
I finally got around to reading The Rose & The Dagger and it was great. I loved seeing all of these characters again and watching the many problems get resolved. I loved the ending but I would also definitely be up for more books set in this world. Or just anything that Renee Ahdieh writes! I then read Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers which was good - but not as great as I had been expecting. The world reminded me of Italy for some reason (don't know if that was intended) and I really liked the main character. I also liked that the romance did not go in the direction I was expecting it to. But some of the twists were a little obvious, which was disappointing. I definitely want more of this series though. And finally I read Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker which was fine. I never got attached to any of the characters which was a shame. There is a second book however, so maybe they will grow on me. The plot was interesting although not very fast paced and I didn't always understand the motivations of the characters. Will be interested to see where this series goes.

Planning to Read Next:
Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)The Fire Sermon (The Fire Sermon, #1)Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1)
Somehow I haven't read Truthwitch yet - which seems strange to me because it was one of my most anticipated books this year - and yet its taken me half the year to get to it. I have heard very mixed things but I really enjoyed Susan Dennard's other series and I've heard that there is a great female friendship in this one. I then want to read The Fire Sermon which I had actually forgotten I owned (can you tell I have too many books on my TBR pile?) but I am excited for it. This is another one where I am not too sure of the plot - I know it involves twins but otherwise I will find out as I read. And finally I really want to read Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton. I had planned to read this last month but never got around to it. It's another one that there are mixed reviews for, but I am hoping for good things. The setting sounds amazing to me and I hope to enjoy it.

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

6 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy Grave Mercy. I loved that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I don't know much about it but I am going to read it anyway. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed Cursed Child! I loved seeing what happened in that mess of a plot as well, haha. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have both Rebel of the Sands and Truthwitch on my TBR. I hope you can report back that you like them :-)
    I'm still on the fence about whether I want to read Cursed Child, or whether to wait until they eventually make it into either a TV mini series or 3 feature films!

    Thanks for visiting my WWW earlier (https://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2016/08/10/www-wednesday-10th-august-2016/) and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of your list of books! I've read Truthwitch, Rebel of the Sand, and Grave Mercy. I enjoyed them all! I have HP and the Cursed Child and the Shattered series here to read, too. I especially want to read the Harry Potter!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Mafi books I'm curious about just because those covers are so awesome! And I hope you like Grave Mercy- I liked it although I haven't read the next one.

    Truthwitch is one I'm interested in too.

    ReplyDelete