Wednesday 3 August 2016

Wednesday Catch-Up 3rd August 2016

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next? 

Currently Reading:
Conquest (The Chronicles of the Invaders, #1)
I am about to start reading Conquest by John Connolly and Jennifer Ridyard which is the first book in The Chronicles of the Invaders series. I was sent the third book (Dominion) for review so of course I need to read this first. I have no idea what its about but its recommended for fans of Divergent so I am hoping to enjoy it.

Recently Finished:
Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)The Problem with ForeverGet A ClueAussie RulesHarry Potter and the Cursed ChildSummer Shadows (Benedicts, #6)
The first two books I read this week, Wait For You and The Problem with Forever were both by Jennifer L. Armentrout (although Wait For You was under a different pen name). I thought that both books were good read. I think Wait For You needed a bit more conflict maybe (not that I am wishing bad things on the characters), but I loved the romance. My only real problem with The Problem With Forever is that it feels like it cant decide whether its Young Adult or New Adult. I then read Get a Clue and Aussie Rules both by Jill Shalvis, I didn't enjoy them as much as some of her newer books but they were quick, fun reads. And then of course, I read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling. I feel like I have been waiting forever for this book and it was so worth the wait. I loved it, new characters and old were brilliant and the dialogue was amazing. I will probably do some kind of post on this (perhaps with Ann) next week. And then finally, I read Summer Shadows by Joss Stirling. It wasn't my favourite in the series but it was a good addition and I liked the main character a lot.

Planning to Read Next:
EmpireDominion (The Chronicles of the Invaders, #3)The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2)
Next I am planning to continue The Chronicles of the Invaders with Empire and Dominion the second and third books in the series and then I finally, finally, want to read The Rose & The Dagger. I was so looking forward to the release but then when it came out I was terrified to read it - but all the reviews have been amazing so I am ready to throw myself in!



You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

6 comments:

  1. I really want to read the Rose & Dagger and that whole series, heard a lot of good things :) And that's great you liked Cursed Child, I don't think I could cope if it was awful!
    My WWW: http://whenitdoes.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/www-wednesdays-town-like-alice-after.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was nervous about The Cursed Child but I trust Rowling! And it was great!

      Delete
  2. I'm still on the fence about whether I want to read Cursed Child or not. It's great to hear so many people who love HP saying it's a good read. I'm slowly being won over :-)

    I hope you enjoy The Rose and the Dagger. I thought it was a slight improvement on The Wrath and the Dawn and it wrapped the story up beautifully.

    Thanks for visiting my WWW earlier (https://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2016/08/03/www-wednesday-3rd-august-2016/) and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend giving it a go!
      I am glad to hear you enjoyed The Rose and the Dagger - makes me less nervous about reading it!

      Delete
  3. So glad you enjoyed CC as much as I did. It was well worth the wait. And in November, we get another movie! What a magical time to be a Potterhead. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great, great time to be a Potterhead!

      Delete