Tuesday 27 September 2016

Top Ten Books on my Autumn TBR

Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. You can find this week's topic here and for a list of past and future topics head over here. I personally love TBR's - they get me excited for books and motivated for reading! So it was a lot of fun to think about what I will (hopefully) be reading this Autumn! 

1) Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
This is released today so I will be reading it very, very soon. Six of Crows was my favourite book of 2015 - that's a lot of pressure for the sequel to live up to but I am confident Leigh Bardugo can do it. But also nervous. Very nervous. Because there will almost definitely be deaths that will hurt me. 

2) Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
This is easily one of my favourite series - I love the characters and as the series progresses and all the many threads start to come together I am getting very excited for how this will turn out. I have so far managed to stay away from spoilers for this but I definitely need to read it as soon as I can!

3) Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge
Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Untitled, #1)
 I have loved every other Rosamund Hodge book and, whilst I have heard some mixed reviews for this one, it's a definite TBR pick for me. Romeo and Juliet isn't my favourite Shakespeare but this has the potential to be great.

4) A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas
A Study in Scarlet Women (Lady Sherlock, #1)
Sherry Thomas wrote The Elementals trilogy which was, frankly, brilliant. I am excited to see what happens when she writes a novel about Charlotte Holmes. This could be one of my favourite books of the year if it's done well! The more I think about it the more excited I am! 

5) Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit by Jaye Robin Brown
Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
This is an LGBT read and the advance reviews I've seen have been very positive read. I don't know much about the plot and at this point I'd quite like to go in blind.

6) Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
Of Fire and Stars
Another LGBT read. This time a fantasy one. That sounds like it was genuinely written for me. This is the book I've dreamed of. Now fingers crossed it lives up to expectations! 

7) Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)
Illuminae was my second favourite book of 2015 and I am confident Gemina will be able to follow on from that. I particularly love that this book follows a different pair of characters as in Amie Kaufmans other series.

8) Replica by Lauren Oliver
Replica (Replica, #1)
I haven't read a flip book since I was in primary school. There are three different ways to read this book as far as I know. Read Lyra's story all the way through and then Gemma's. Do the reverse OR alternate chapters of each girls stories. I am planning to do the latter.

9) Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
I've heard amazing things about these short stories. I decided to wait for the bind up just because I prefer physical books always - but I am very excited to read more of the Shadowhunter world.

10) Yesternight by Cat Winters
Yesternight
Cat Winters never fails to impress me. This book has a gorgeous cover and an interesting premise and I just know that it will be spectacular. 


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

14 comments:

  1. I plan on reading A Study in Scarlet Women in October as well. I hope it's as good as I anticipate. I need to see of my library has ordered Replica so I can get on the hold list. I read Oliver's Rooms and was quite impressed. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just received an email saying my copy of Replica was on its way and I am very excited! I have only read her Delirium trilogy (and by the time I did I wasn't that into dystopians) but I've heard great things and this looks amazing! A Study in Scarlet Women should be great as well!

      Delete
  2. I'm also looking forward to Gemina! I loved Illuminae! I'm also really interested in Replica; I've only seen awesome reviews! Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Illuminae was an instant favourite for me and I am beyond excited for Gemina!

      Delete
  3. OOOO I want to read so many of these!! I sure do hope you love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn is a great time for book releases!

      Delete
  4. Replica is on my list too! I'm so excited to read it!
    My TTT!
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like its going to be a really good, unique read!

      Delete
  5. Replica is probably my most awaited right now. And I;m going to read it alternating chapters too. I also look forward to Gemina and Bright Smoke Cold Fire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My copy of Replica is currently in the post so I should get to read it soon! Same with Bright Smoke Cold Fire. Genuinely don't think I'll have time to read all the great releases coming out!

      Delete
  6. I really want to read Six of Crows because of the rave reviews, but I want to read the Grisha trilogy beforehand. I don't have as much interest in the trilogy as I do Six of Crows though. I haven't read anything by Sherry Thomas, but I've heard amazing things about her trilogy! I'm adding it to my TBR. :D Gemina and Replica are on my TBR as well. Great picks and recommendations Clare! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its possible to read Six of Crows without reading the Grisha trilogy - the world is properly fleshed out in Six of Crows and the characters are all different but I read the Grisha trilogy first. The Grisha trilogy definitely isn't as good as Six of Crows though! Sherry Thomas's Elementals series is a great fantasy series and I am interested to read a historical novel by her. Gemina and Replica are probably the ones I am most excited for at the moment! Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete