Saturday 19 November 2016

Fairy Loot Unboxing - November: Royals and Rogues

My November Fairy Loot box arrived on Wednesday and I was incredibly excited for it! This is not only my first Fairy Loot box but my first bookish subscription box (I currently get two lifestyle/beauty boxes as well). I've been pretty nervous to get a book subscription because I pre-order a lot of books and I was worried about duplicates. One of the (many) great things about Fairy Loot is their theme descriptions - so if, like me, you worry about getting two of the same book you can always read the theme and make a guess at the book. 

Spoilers ahead!!

This is one of those times where I really wish I was better at photography! I loved pretty much everything in this box. Here's what it contained;
  • Queen of Books Mug (Designed exclusively for this box by ReadAtMidnight). I absolutely love this mug. I am a huge fan of mugs in general but this is my first bookish mug.
  • Royals & Rogues Tea (From The Tea Leaf Company). I am not actually a tea drinker so whilst this was a really nice addition to the box I will be passing this on to my Mum.
  • Calipha Pocket Mirror (Designed exclusively for this box by Bookworm Boutique). This was very useful for me because I actually needed a new handbag mirror - plus The Wrath and the Dawn is one of my favourite duologies. The quote on the back reads "My Queen is Without Limitations. Boundless in All That She Does".
  • Queen of Terrasen Notepad (Hand lettered by Alexis Lampley). Whilst I love the design on this notepad, there isn't a lot of room to write on it yourself so it's not the most practical notepad I own. But I am sure I will use it.
  • Scented Spectorium Soap Crystals (Made by CraftyRagamuffin). The note inside the box simply says that I will "understand what it symbolizes after you read this month's book!" So I am going to have to read the book to find out I guess! It does smell nice though.
  • Art Print for Red Queen (Lettering side - LovelyOwlsBooks, Illustration- BookOtter). This is a really nice art print for Red Queen. It looks amazing - I didn't love Red Queen when I read it but this is just so pretty.
  • Tote Bag Hands down my favourite thing in this box (apart from the book). I actually already used this and it is as practical as it is beautiful. The quote is "That I Will Bow Before No One And Nothing But My Crown" from A Court of Mist and Fury - one of my favourite books of the year.
  • Nemesis by Anna Banks This is actually a book I am super excited to read! I had almost pre-ordered it but decided not to in the end just because I had too many books pre-ordered in October already. This came with a signed bookplate and a letter from the author.


I was very happy with this box and thought it was well worth it's price (£26 +P&P). This is a great box for me because not only is Fantasy a genre I already adore - this box is also based in the UK. I have been unable to get any of the US based boxes purely because the postage would bankrupt me! 
The December theme is Sci-Fi Adventure and you can find more information on it here. I know that I am super excited to see what the December box will contain! 

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

No comments:

Post a Comment