Wednesday 14 December 2016

Wednesday Catch-Up 14th December 2016

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next?

Currently Reading:

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbour (Friday Harbor, #1)Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #2)
Christmas Eve at Friday Harbour is likely to be a very quick read and I am looking forward to it. I love Lisa Kleypas's writing and she generally does very good characters. I am also currently reading Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan which is book 2 in the Magnus Chase series. I have very high hopes for this. 


Recently Finished:

The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2)Christmas in Eternity Springs: Eternity Springs 12 (A heartwarming, uplifting, feel-good romance series)Miracle On 5th Avenue (From Manhattan with Love #3)Twelve Days of ChristmasThe Twelve Dates of Christmas - The Complete NovelThe Santa Klaus Murder
I absolutely loved The Trouble with Mistletoe it was such a great festive read and I am really excited to continue on with this series! I then read Christmas in Eternity Springs by Emily March which was a cute read, I really enjoyed it, more than I had expected to really and I would definitely like to read other books from this series. Miracle on 5th Avenue was my favourite book of the week, it made me feel so festive and I just had such a big smile on my face once I had finished it. Unfortunately Twelve Days of Christmas was a bit disappointing. It was a fairly quick and easy read but I really disliked the main character, I had a lot of problems with the romance and got super annoyed with the way a characters eating disorder was handled. This was, alas, followed by another disappointment in the form of The Twelve Dates of Christmas this seems to have great reviews on goodreads so I am clearly in a minority but the characters annoyed me and the writing style wasn't for me. I did enjoy The Santa Klaus Murder for the most part. There were a lot of characters to keep track of and I had to keep referring to the Character list at the beginning but it was a good mystery.


Planning to Read Next:

Starry NightChristmas at Lilac Cottage (White Cliff Bay #1)A Christmas Tail
Next up I am planning to read Starry Night by Debbie Macomber, this is another very short read so, all things going to plan, I am aiming to finish this today after Friday Harbour. I am then planning to read Christmas at Lilac Cottage which I have heard some good things about, plus this may be my favourite Christmas cover - it's so cosy and wintry and I just love it. And finally I want to read A Christmas Tail which I am looking forward to although I don't know much about it - I only needed dogs and Christmas to get my attention!!

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

10 comments:

  1. So many nice Christmas-y covers. I like The Santa Klaus Murder one a lot. I hope the Riordan book is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really going for it this Christmas! The Santa Klaus Murder has a great cover and it was an enjoyable mystery!

      Delete
  2. It's so good to hear I wasn't the only one who got a bit lost with all the characters in The Santa Klaus Murder. I often think it's just me starting to go senile! There were just so many of them. I would have needed to be taking notes to keep proper track of who was doing what when where.

    I think I would probably enjoy it more as a TV adaptation because being able to see the actors would mean I could get a better handle on who everyone was.

    Here's my WWW: https://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2016/12/14/www-wednesday-14th-december-2016/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, nope they're were just too many characters (with too many different names). Dittie/Edith took me half the book to get straight in my head that they were the same person!
      It would make a great TV adaptation though, you're right!

      Delete
  3. You are wrapped in festivity here! I want to read the Macomber book...I like her style and her characters.

    Enjoy! Here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry I may be getting TOO festive - but I am loving all the cosy reads! I haven't read anything by Macomber before so I am glad to hear you like her books! Excited to read it soon!

      Delete
  4. These books all look interesting! Here is my WWW: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/www-wednesday6051629

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the risk of simply echoing what others have already said, I really do love how festive this post is with all those covers! Miracle on 5th Avenue sounds completetly adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so, so festive this year! All Sarah Morgan's books are incredible but I have to admit Miracle on 5th Avenue may be my favourite!

      Delete