Monday 23 January 2017

Exam Revision Techniques

I had an idea for this post while revising for my mock exams and I thought that it might be a helpful or interesting post! This is a bit of an unusual post but I hope that you enjoy and if you can come up with any revision techniques of your own that I haven't thought of comment it down below.

1. Read
This is one of my favourite pieces of advice that I have been given by my English teacher because I love to read. It isn't exactly revision but the more you read the better you can understand and analyse quotes so it does help.

2. Use Colour
I find that colour is a really helpful way of remember quotes and facts that are important, I don't know why this is but it could help you too. (GIVE EXAMPLES)

3. Don't Spend Too Long Revising
By this I mean that you need to have breaks between revision because otherwise after about 45 minutes you are not going to be able to remember much of what you've revised. Revision is important but it is pointless to revise when you are not going to remember anything.

4. Use Diagrams And Drawings
Similar to using colour in my revision I find that drawings and diagrams are easy to remember and picture in my head when I am in the middle of an exam. Spider diagrams and Revision/quote cards also really help when revising/remembering quotes or facts and figures.

5. Revise A Topic 5 Times
Someone once told me that for a topic to stay in your brain you should revise it 5 times at intervals so that you have more of a chance of remembering it. Of course in order for this to work you need to spend a lot of time revising and start revision early.

6. Be Organised
This may sound like an obvious one but if you aren't organised then you wont be as successful. I suggest maybe making a revision timetable so you know what to revise when and keeping all of your revision materials together in one place.

7. Find A Way That Works For You
I have revision techniques that work for me but a lot of my friends have very different ways of revising, not all types of revision will work for you so don't just try one technique.

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

No comments:

Post a Comment