Thursday 26 January 2017

February Releases!!

February is such a great month for new releases! Debuts in particular seem to be popular this month and there are so many I can't wait to read! 

7th:
Empress of a Thousand SkiesWintersongStarfall (Starflight #2)
Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza: A diverse Sci-Fi which sounds absolutely amazing and so dramatic - I've seen some excerpts from this and they all sounded amazing! I know I want to read this in February!
Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones: I actually already have a copy of this which is exciting! I am aiming to have my review up around the release date but I am very excited for this which is, I believe, a sort of Labyrinth retelling. Labyrinth is my brothers favourite film so that's instantly interesting me!
Starfall by Melissa Landers: The first book, Starflight, was a surprise favourite for me last year. I haven't, historically, gotten on well with Sci-Fi but I am trying to read more of it and Melissa Landers writes in such an engaging way that I really love.

14th:
We Are OkayThe ValiantThe Wish Granter (Ravenspire, #2)
We Are Okay by Nina LaCour: I've loved LaCour's previous novels and this one sounds just as incredible (plus the cover is gorgeous). I think this is LGBT? 
The Valiant by Lesley Livingston: Lesley Livingston wrote my all time favourite faerie series (Wondrous Strange) and her books have been an auto-buy ever since so you can bet I have this one pre-ordered. Plus - female gladiators??!!
The Wish Granter by C.J. Redwine: This is the sort-of sequel to The Shadow Queen I think, in that it takes place in the same world but a different kingdom. I really enjoyed The Shadow Queen last year and this one sounds even better!

21st:
Long May She ReignThe Dragon's Price (Transference, #1)Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas: I haven't read Rhiannon Thomas's previous books but this stand-alone fantasy sounds incredible. I really love the cover as well.
The Dragon's Price by Bethany Wiggins: I'll admit I was originally drawn in just by the Dragon. But having read the blurb I am now really intrigued. The main character sounds really independent and the Prince kind of reckless so it could be an interesting combination.
Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas: I love Lisa Kleypas. This is the story of Sebastian and Evie's son (they're story is in Devil in Winter) and I am mostly just excited to see them again as that is, probably, my favourite of Kleypas's books.

28th:
The Hate U GiveDaughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1)The Ship Beyond Time (The Girl From Everywhere, #2)
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas: This is inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement and I am so glad it exists. The hype has been huge for it and every review I've seen so far has been wildly positive.
Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller: Pirates. I always, always want more books about Pirates. I love that the main character is a pirate captain - I am hoping for a super kick-ass main character!
The Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig: I really liked The Girl From Everywhere last year so I definitely want to read this soon! Time travel as always confuses me but Heidi Heilig makes it more comprehensible than usual which is great!

And I've just noticed this is the most ordered release post I've ever done. 3 releases every week exactly 7 days apart. This is so satisfying - thank you publishers! 

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

6 comments:

  1. Starfall is one I'm definitely looking forward to, I might even get it on release day which is not something I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it pre-ordered as well - but I pre-order everything, it's ridiculous! It is super exciting though!

      Delete
  2. February is going to be filled with wonderful new releases, I'm so excited! I'm most looking forward to Wintersong and The Hate U Give - I read the first three chapters of THUG, and absolutely adored them. Daughter of the Pirate King and The Valiant are between my most awaited releases, as well. Also, I definitely should read something by Lisa Kleypas soon.

    Veronika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of THUG yet but I can't wait! I will let you know what I think of Wintersong once I am finished!
      Daughter of the Pirate King and The Valiant are both such exciting books - I am so looking forward to February now!
      And Lisa Kleypas is possibly my favourite historical romance author - up there with Tessa Dare and Sarah MacLean certainly

      Delete
  3. The Ship Beyond Time is one of my most anticipated releases of the year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi Heilig is a new favourite author! So excited to continue the series! :)

      Delete