Friday 6 January 2017

Friday Reads 6th January 2017

Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice and Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader. The idea is to share a sentence or so from the first page and the 56th page of the book you are currently reading! 

The Art of Sinning (Sinful Suitors, #1)Pride and Prejudice
Book Beginning:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife." - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Friday 56
"Damber nudged him, as if to say, See? Stiff-rumped and proud." -The Art of Sinning by Sabrina Jeffries
 It's the first Friday Reads of the year and I am loving my reads this week! Ann and I are both reading Pride and Prejudice this month and aiming to read 5 chapters a day so we can keep up with each other. I always love re-reading Pride and Prejudice and it will be interesting to see what Ann thinks of it since it's her first time reading it. I am also reading another Regency (although very different) - The Art of Sinning by Sabrina Jeffries who is one of my favourite Romance authours. This is the first in the Sinful Suitors series but the main character Jeremy Keane appeared in a previous series by her. 

I hope everyone's 2017 is also off to a good start and please let me know what you're reading or leave a link to your Book Beginning/Friday 56 in the comments! 

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

12 comments:

  1. It has been many years since I read Pride and Prejudice...and I'm thinking it's time to get that book out of the library...and reread. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine:
    “THE WOMAN IN CABIN 10”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have about three copies of every Austen book so I am forever pushing them on people! But I haven't re-read it in such a long time and I am really enjoying it!

      Delete
  2. Or there's a gold digger out there after their money. LOL
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha for every single man in possession of good fortune there is a single woman (and her mother) with no fortune desperate to marry him! Clearly the moral of the story!

      Delete
  3. I love P&P, but the latter sounds fun too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very different feeling book - but fun as well!

      Delete
  4. Those do look kinda different lol but happy reading! And happy Friday too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very different! Although technically both regency romance? Hope you had a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. Pride and Prejudice is my all time favorite. If this is even close to as good, I'd love it too.

    My Friday 56 from 77 Shadow Street

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good read although definitely not on the same level as P&P!

      Delete
  6. You can never go wrong with Pride and Prejudice. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I've managed to convince Ann to read it as well!

      Delete