Wednesday 25 January 2017

Top 5 Underrated Books

Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly feature and you can find the goodreads group here. This took me a while to answer but I looked at books I have read on goodreads and managed to come up with 5 in the end! Since Clare already did a post on "hidden gems" I decided to go for a different interpretation of Underrated and look at books I think get more criticism than they perhaps deserve.

1) Magyk by Angie Sage
Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1)
This is one of my favourite books and I love it! However all of my friends dislike it and I don't understand why! It is definitely an underrated book!

2) Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Twilight (Twilight, #1)
OK so not exactly an unknown book but definitely one I've seen people rate badly. I only read this recently and I think that it was better than I thought it would be and I only thought that it would be bad from what I heard about it and it really was not that bad.


3) Chime by Franny Billingsley
Chime
I read this a while ago, I think that I will probably reread it this year because I loved it. I do know that not many people have read it however.


4) The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black and Tony Diterlizzi
The Field Guide (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #1)
I think that I was one of the only people at school who enjoyed this book series, I think that it annoyed a lot of people but I loved that it was just a quick and easy book to read which is nice to read sometimes!

5) The Bunker Diary by Kevin Brooks
The Bunker Diary
I read this book in school when I borrowed it from the library and I really enjoyed it, however everyone else who read it just thought that it was a bit creepy and strange. I just think that it is an underrated book!

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

8 comments:

  1. Chime sounds really interesting.I had to go look it up after I read your post, as I loved the cover. I've never personally read The Spiderwick Chronicles, but I've always been interested in doing so. Great picks! Here's mine if you have a chance to take a look:
    http://thepreppybookprincess.blogspot.ca/2017/01/top-5-wednesday-favorite-underrated.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Chime a long time ago but I remember that it was amazing! You should try Spiderwick Chronicles I used to read them a lot and I love them. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I like how Magyk almost looks like a real magical book. And Spiderwick- I always like DiTerlizzi's illustrations so these books appealed to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all of these covers, but I agree my favourite part of Magyk is that it looks like a real magic book. It is incredible!

      Delete
  3. I really liked the first Septimus Heap book -I'll definitely have to continue the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should they are amazing, glad to know someone else liked the first book!

      Delete
  4. The Spiderwick Chronicles looks really interesting - what age group is it aimed at? I have a 12 yr old dyslexic granddaughter who enjoys audible books. Would this appeal to her, to you think? She's loving Lockwood & Co and the Rick Riordan books at present...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that she would really enjoy The Spiderwick Chronicles if she likes Lockwood and Co and Rick Riordan! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete