Wednesday 4 January 2017

Wednesday Catch-Up 4th January 2017

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next?

Currently Reading:

The Viscount and the Vixen (Hellions of Havisham, #3)
Lorraine Heath is an author I haven't tried before and The Viscount and the Vixen is actually the third book in the Hellions of Havisham but it's the one in the series that most caught my attention. I haven't started it yet but I am hopeful that I will enjoy it!

Recently Finished:

The Haunting of Maddy ClareAn Inquiry Into Love and DeathSilence for the DeadThe Other Side of MidnightThe Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
My first four books this week were all re-reads - Simone St. James became one of my favourite authors last year and I am glad that they kept all their charm in re-reading them. I am now impatient for her next book! I then picked up The Trouble with Dukes by Grace Burrowes. I had never read anything by Burrowes before but I am now a fan - the characters were compelling, the plot was exciting enough to keep me reading and the romance was believable. I will definitely have to check out some more of her books.

Planning to Read Next:

The Art of Sinning (Sinful Suitors, #1)Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2)Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3)
It's Bout of Books so I am reading quite a lot of my shorter/quicker reads in the hope that it will get my 2017 reading off to a good start. So next up is The Art of Sinning by Sabrina Jeffries who is a favourite of mine. And then Visions of Heat and Caressed by Ice, the second and third books in the Psy-Changeling series which I started last year. I am making it one of my goals to get caught up on this series by the end of the year - it's a long series but I think it will quickly become a favourite!

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a great start to the new year. I'm very impressed with the amount of books you two read in 2016. It makes me happy seeing people be able to read like that :)

    I haven't heard of any of these books, but I hope your upcoming ones are as good as the ones you just finished :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really proud of how much we read! I've had such a good start to the year with these books so I hope it continues! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you read lots of books this week already! I'm curious about The Haunting of Maddy Clare. Enjoy the upcoming reads...they are all new to me. Thanks for sharing, and here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its Bout of Books so I am pretty motivated and I love that I'm already on target for my Goodreads challenge! The Haunting of Maddy Clare is a great read - I definitely recommend it!

      Delete
  3. I hope St. James as equally as enjoyable the second time around. I find all good books are. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! The mystery is less absorbing perhaps but it gives me more time to notice details I hadn't before which I loved!

      Delete
  4. Wow! 2017 has got off to a flying start - it's lovely to re-read books, something I don't do nearly often enough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! There are quite a few books I'd love to re-read in 2017!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for dropping by my WWW yesterday! Glad I'm not the only one starting off the year with rereads! Hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it's not as exciting a "first book of the year" but it's sort of comforting to start the new year with an old book!

      Delete