Wednesday 15 February 2017

Wednesday Catch-Up 15th February 2017

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next?

Currently Reading:

DisplacedUnconventionalBarnaby Rudge
I am currently reading Displaced by Stephan Abarbanell which I received for review - it's due out on the 23rd February. I like it but I am finding it slow going so to fend off any book slumps I have also picked up Unconventional by Maggie Harcourt which I am so far loving. All the character are incredible - I am only 90 pages in but I am so invested in all of them and their relationships with each other. Plus reading about a Con is always fun, right? And... I have made no progress with Barnaby Rudge. It's so weird, Charles Dickens is one of my all time favourite authors (I love A Tale of Two Cities so, so much) but I can't seem to motivate myself with this one. And I am really going to need to if I plan on finishing it by the end of the month.

Recently Finished:

Wires and Nerve, Volume 1 (Wires and Nerves, #1)Sweet Lake: A Novel (Sweet Lake, #1)
The first book I read this week was a graphic novel - Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer! I have been eagerly anticipating this (even more since my pre-order arrived a couple of weeks late!) and it did not disappoint me. It was so great to see the old characters again (especially Cress and Thorne) and to see Iko take center stage was amazing! I am looking forward to the rest of the series! I then read Sweet Lake which was such an amazing read, I loved the characters and the setting and I was thoroughly engaged with the plot and the romance. My review of this will be up tomorrow. 

Planning to Read Next:

Please Ignore Vera DietzAsk the PassengersMafiosa (Blood for Blood, #3)
Next up are two A.S. King novels - Please Ignore Vera Dietz and Ask the Passengers. I am trying to read the books I buy this year and these two go against that rule because I must have bought them around two years ago. But I suddenly just have a strong desire to read them so I am going with it. And then I am going to read Mafiosa by Catherine Doyle which I actually did buy this year. It's the third and final book in the Blood for Blood series and I can't wait to see how things play out! 

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

12 comments:

  1. great book selections. here's mine https://keeanareads.wordpress.com/2017/02/15/1347/
    happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious how you'll like Vera Dietz. It's in the 'maybe someday' category for me.

    My WWW post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to enjoy it! I've heard its a great starter book for reading A.S. King so it should be good!

      Delete
  3. I loved Sweet Lake, too, and I'm curious about Unconventional. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Lake was incredible! And Unconventional is a lot of fun!

      Delete
  4. Well this looks like quite a spread of book types - Barnaby Rudge was the one Dickens book I never finished (sorry that's probably not helping motivate you) Hope you find some time to devote to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear that doesn't sound promising! It's just not working for me somehow - I don't even know what it is! Hopefully I will finish it.

      Delete
  5. This is the second time I've been taken completely by surprise about a book during this week's WWW visits - I had no idea about Wires & Nerve! And now I really want it! *dashes off to the library to see if they've got it*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope they have got it! It was such a fun read! And so great to see all the characters again!

      Delete
  6. Ooooh Unconventional sounds great! I may need to pick it up .... for next year. This year is already getting out of control TBR-wise ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling! I am pretty sure my TBR is going to drown me at some point! Hope you do get to read it though - I've just finished it and it was so cute and fun! :)

      Delete