Wednesday 8 February 2017

Wednesday Catch-Up 8th February 2017

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next?

Currently Reading:

Wires and Nerve, Volume 1 (Wires and Nerves, #1)Barnaby Rudge
My copy of Wires and Nerve is finally, finally arriving today and I can not wait! I really need something light and hopefully fast paced after my last couple of reads - otherwise I am sure a book slump will be heading straight for me. I also really need to make a start on Barnaby Rudge by Charles Dickens. This is my Classic for the month and I haven't read a single page yet which is shameful! 

Recently Finished:

WintersongHold Back The Stars
Wintersong took so, so long for me to finish. It's very beautifully written but the pace is incredibly slow so I found it hard to read more than a few chapters at a time. My full review for this will be up tomorrow but for the most part I really liked it. I then buddy-read Hold Back the Stars with Veronika from The Regal Critiques and it was... a bit disappointing? I wasn't too sure what to expect but what I got were two main characters I struggled to like, a plot that depressed the heck out of me and an ending that... baffled me a little? I'm pretty sure I know what happened but also - do I?

Planning to Read Next:

DisplacedSweet Lake: A Novel (Sweet Lake, #1)Mafiosa (Blood for Blood, #3)
Next up are the two books I am planning to review in February - Displaced was the book I was planning to start next - but it doesn't look remotely light so I am using Wires and Nerve as a break before plunging in to this one. It does look really good though! And then Sweet Lake looks like a hopefully sweet romance and I am really looking forward to it. Finally I want to read Mafiosa which I bought in January but haven't got around to reading yet - it is the last book in the Blood for Blood series and I can't wait to finish it! 

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

8 comments:

  1. I loved Sweet Lake...it kept me fully engaged, and I loved how the author brought the setting alive, as well as the characters. I hope you enjoy it...and I'm curious about Displaced.

    Here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's exactly what I loved about Sweet Lake!

      Delete
  2. Wires and Nerve just looks fun, and Wintersong I'm glad you liked it, if a book is slow but still is good that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wires and Nerve was fun! And yeah, Wintersong took me a while to get through but my final thoughts were good!

      Delete
  3. I keep seeing Wintersong on everyone's blogs! I'm super excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really good read! Such gorgeous writing!

      Delete
  4. Hope you enjoy Wires and Nerves, I see it all over this blog-y world just now. Oh, and Wintersong is showing up a lot too! Glad it had beautiful writing; that always helps to make it a good read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really impressed with the writing in Wintersong! :)

      Delete