Friday 3 March 2017

A Classic a Month: March!!

This year both Ann and I made our Bookish Resolutions posts (here and here) and realised we both wanted to read more classics. At least one a month. So we each made a pile of books we plan to read and set each other the task of choosing a book for the other.

What We Read in February:
Nothing. Neither of us finished either of the books we were aiming for. It just wasn't working. But hopefully we'll have better luck in March.

Our March Classics:
The Princess Bride
We're going to be reading the same book as each other again - The Princess Bride by William Goldman. This is one of my favourite books of all time and I happen to have two copies (of course I do) so we are going to be reading this together in March. We may even watch the film together (which is my favourite film of all time). It's my birthday in March and I feel like reading an old favourite!


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea, Clare! Veronika and I talked about reading more classics this year too, but we have both been swamped with uni stuff and haven't been able to start on this just yet :(( Hope this month turns out to be better for you in terms of reading the classics you meant to- and hope you fall in love with The Princess Bride all over again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should - maybe next year? Next year we might make this an actual challenge and you could join in!
      I love The Princess Bride so I shouldn't have too much trouble finishing it this month! I just hope Ann enjoys it as well!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I'm so excited to pick up this one after how much I enjoyed the movie! I'm waiting a bit, but I'm planning on tackling this off of my TBR before the year ends. Like Ruzi said, we both would like to read more classics this year. I'm FAILING at it horrible, though. I planned to read 1 classic for every 4 or 5 non-classics, but so far I haven't read any, even though I want to read 80+ classics right now. *cries*

    I so hope you'll enjoy rereading it and Ann will love it just as much as you do!

    Veronika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the movie!! 1 classic for every 4 or 5 non-classics seems super difficult! I have a whole like three shelves of Classics to read and I just know its going to take me forever to read them all (especially if I keep cheating and re-reading old favourites)!

      Delete