Tuesday 21 March 2017

Top Ten Books I Read in One Sitting

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke & The Bookish. You can find a list of past and future topics here.

1) The Smoke Hunter by Jacquelyn Benson
The Smoke Hunter
This one is actually super surprising to me because my ARC copy of this is 585 pages but I was just so absorbed in this book! I just love it.

2) Silence For the Dead by Simone St. James
Silence for the Dead
Anything by Simone St. James really. Her books are relatively short and very engrossing and you always just want to read one more chapter! 

3) Miracle on 5th Avenue by Sarah Morgan
Miracle On 5th Avenue (From Manhattan with Love #3)
I read this through in one sitting and then prompty reread it as well. Without break. So yeah - very much a one-sitting kind of book! But then most Sarah Morgan books are!

4) Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)
I was intrigued but also super nervous about the format of this book and kinda convinced it would take me a while to read. But nope. Wound up staying up all night to finish it. Totally worth it!

5) Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Carry On
Ann also wanted to read this immediately so I kinda pushed myself to read this in one sitting. It's probably the only one on the list where I really planned for one sitting (with snacks and everything ready). 

6) Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
Nimona
I always seem to read graphic novels in one sitting (I say always but I've read like three in my whole life). This was my first ever graphic novel and I love it.

7) Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
I cannot even wait for the movie - and Becky's next book which is going to be released so soon!! 

8) Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
Beauty Queens
Honestly one of my all time favourite books. After reading this I just kept shoving it at people. But yeah - one sitting. Which is not surprising because its so action packed and fun and the characters are incredible!

9) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
Our Dad got this on the day of release and I had to read it in one sitting so my brother could immediately read it after me on the same day.

10) Madam, Will You Talk by Mary Stewart
Madam, Will You Talk?
This is the really impressive one (no seriously be impressed). I bought a collection of Mary Stewart books (which is a lot) and then read all of them in one day. I did take breaks for meals and stuff but still. One day. Still can't quite understand how I managed that.


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.

18 comments:

  1. The Smoke Hunter- I had no idea that one was so long. Must have been good! And illuminae- yeah! I didn't read it in ONE sitting but I did blow through it pretty fast...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The Smoke Hunter was way longer than I expected it to be and yet such a quick read!

      Delete
  2. Carry On is on my list today too! lol! I really loved that one! I have Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda on my TBR list! I've been trying to wait for a good deal so I could buy it but I think I'm just going to break down and buy it soon. lol! Everyone seems to have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon vs is so good! I hope you do get to read it soon!!

      Delete
  3. Nimona made my list, but Beauty Queens could have as well (although, technically I listened to that one because the audiobook is amazing). I really need to get to Carry On and Illuminae, but I do own both of them!

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't listened to the audiobook of Beauty Queens! Might have to do that next time I fancy a re-read!

      Delete
  4. Illuminae, Carry On, and Simon are all so excellent. I read those fast too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Illuminae and Beauty Queens are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list of books to read!! A few of them in your post are on my reading wishlist!

    Here's a link to my TTT post: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/03/top-ten-tuesday-list-of-books-to-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Deathly Hallows in 3 days once but that's the best I've ever done.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/top-ten-tuesday-99/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my brother didn't want to read it straight after me I probably would have taken longer but it was hugely motivating to read it on the day of release (plus avoid spoilers)!

      Delete
  8. I can't wait for the Simon movie either!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be amazing (hopefully)! Every new update makes me so happy!!

      Delete
  9. Hi! I haven't read Simon yet. I know, I know! :) Good to know I could read it in one sitting!
    My TTT
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! It was such a quick and cute read - I hope you get to read it soon!

      Delete