Saturday 8 April 2017

Fairy Loot Unboxing: Myths and Monsters

What was in the box?

  • Silver Dragon Scale Scarf: This was made exclusively for the box by GivArt and is so lovely. Its very soft and very pretty and I've already worn it a couple of times.
  • Unicorn Fairy Lights: These were made by Mustard and they made Ann so freaking happy! She has been wanting fairy lights for a really long time now so the second we opened the box and saw these (literally the first thing we saw) I think this box was her favourite!
  • Nephilim Candle: An exclusive from Geeky Clean. This smells incredible and I really hope candles are going to be a frequent thing because I love them so much. This one is black cherry and lime and is honestly just so lovely.
  • Mermaid Pocket Mirror: Design exclusive from Book Otter. I am always up for a mirror for my handbag (cause apparently I'm super vain?) but this one is really pretty as well. 
  • Dragon and Phoenix Magnetic Bookmarks: Exclusive from Bonitismo. I am not a huge bookmark person (I like them but I don't get enthusiastic) but these are my favourite things in the whole box. Believe me I am confused also. But Clare there was a CANDLE and a SCARF who even are you? But they're adorable (I have the dragon, Ann has the phoenix). Just look at them, I dare you not to want them;
  • Book of the Month: Was of course Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor and this is just the most gorgeous edition. If you follow us on Instagram (@dualreads) expect to see more of this book cause we're a little obsessed! It's got blue sprayed pages and illustrations by Laini and its signed and I just - I'm in love! 
  • Bonus Items: Anniversary booklet and Fallen Online Chapter Sampler
This was the One Year Anniversary box (HUGE congratulations to Fairy Loot) and it was just wonderful. I loved every single thing in it (especially the bookmarks) and I cannot wait to read Strange the Dreamer - which, fortunately I just pulled out of my TBR jar so its up next!! I know I say this every month but I mean it - I adore Fairy Loot. I have not had one single disappointment since I started receiving their boxes and I am always excited for the next one! 
Next month's theme is Dreams & Wishes and I am super excited for it! Once again I think I know what the book is which is always exciting (I am terrified of accidentally buying a book and then getting it in Fairy Loot as well). 

Note:
In yesterdays Friday Reads I mentioned the possibility of setting up a linky each week to share your favourite blog post from the past week - whatever you are most proud of or most enjoyed putting together. And I got a really positive response so thank you very much for that! I am going to move ahead and work out the details and will let you know in tomorrows Sunday Post when I've got everything organised!!

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading. 

2 comments: