Wednesday 5 April 2017

Wednesday Catch-Up 5th April 2017

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next? You can click any of the images to go to the Goodreads page for that book!

You may have noticed I vanished for a couple of days! I needed to take some time off for mental health but I am back (probably) now! I'm going to take it fairly easy for the rest of the week so I apologise in advance if I am slow to respond to comments or visit your blogs! 

Currently Reading:

Proof of LiesBlood Rose Rebellion (Blood Rose Rebellion, #1)
I am just over halfway through Proof of Lies and loving it so far. Really love the characters and the mystery is intense - it's just really good. I'm also picking up Blood Rose Rebellion which I am excited but nervous for! I got the pre-order perks for this (which included a map of Hungary) which is cool.

Recently Finished:

The Dragon's Price (Transference, #1)Bad BloodThirteen Reasons Why
I don't want to talk too much about The Dragon's Price or Bad Blood because I just wasn't a fan of either. Basically there were problematic elements in each that I really didn't like (major trigger warning for Bad Blood - bad mental health rep). I then buddy read Thirteen Reasons Why with Vera @ Regal Critiques. I've read this before but wanted to refresh my memory before watching the tv show! 

Planning to Read Next:

Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1)A Crown of Wishes (The Star-Touched Queen, #2)Origin (Corpus, #1)
Next up is Strange the Dreamer which I need to read immediately because I am so freaking excited for it. I was already pumped but now reviews are so positive and I need to read it before the hype scares me off!! And then I want to read Crown of Wishes because - it was the next one out of my TBR. I liked The Star-Touched Queen but didn't love it however this one sounds even better so I am certain I will enjoy it. And then finally I got Origin out of my TBR jar and I am so excited. I loved The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury and, whilst this sounds very different, it also sounds like something I will love! 


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.

10 comments:

  1. Love the look of Proof of Lies...and also Thirteen Reasons Why. Thanks for sharing, and here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having just finished Proof of Lies I can say it was fantastic - strong characters and an exciting plot!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm loving it! Hope I can keep this reading pace going or my TBR is hopeless!!

      Delete
  3. Love your list.I love the cover of Origin. Tanks for sharing. Here is my post
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2017/04/what-are-you-reading-wednesdays-6.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Origin does have such a great cover! The whole series does and I am excited for them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I'm interested to see what you think of the '13 Reasons Why' show. I'm still iffy on watching it because the book bothered me and I've heard the show is a bit graphic. Despite that, happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the book, it was hugely helpful to me when I first read it, but yeah I've heard the show is a bit graphic in places as well so I'm a little worried. But hopefully I will watch it soon!

      Delete
  5. I've heard great things about 13 Reasons Why and Strange the Dreamer. I have so many books on my TBR right now that it is getting overwhelming! lol
    Enjoy the rest of your week,
    Laura
    My WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to STOP hearing great things about Strange the Dreamer honestly, the hype is getting crazy! And same - my TBR is nonsense at this point!! :)

      Delete