Tuesday 9 May 2017

Bout of Books Day 1 Wrap Up

Ann:

Songs About a Girl
Today I finished off Songs About a Girl which I loved although now I am really desperate for the next book! And then I read the first 30 pages of Famous in Love.

Totals for the week so far:
1 book completed
282 pages read

Clare:

OriginVitro (Corpus, #2)Kalahari (Corpus, #3)
Finished Origin by Jessica Khoury. This was a good read though not necessarily as great as I was expecting it to be. Definite hints of insta-love and I cared less about the romance than I did the science elements. I was slightly less interested in Vitro which surprised me as the plot actually originally interested me more. But I felt like, although the action was there, the emotional attachment to the characters wasn't so much. And then the final book in the series Kalahari was definitely my favourite. The action scenes were exciting and the characters were, generally, ones I believed and cared in. The fact that I finished all three books in one day will probably tell you how addictive Khoury's writing is (and also how stupidly can't-leave-the-house ill I am). All in all I had a really great start to Bout of Books!!

Totals for the week so far:
3 books completed
1038 pages read


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, all three Khoury books in one day? Sorry Origin and Vitro didn't work as well, I haven't read Origin but to be honest it didn't quite appeal to me as much as the later ones, and when I read the first few pages at amazon I wasn't hooked, so I've passed on it. I agree about Kalahari- fun book!

    You guys are off to a pretty good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalahari was quite different to the first two - weird how different in tone and style the three books are considering its a series but Kalahari was definitely the best of them!

      Delete
  2. The "i" in Vitro looks like it works for today's challenge! Random awesome. I've had that Orgin book on my TBR for a while now. Let me know how it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed Origin overall but it wasn't as amazing as I had expected it to be! Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. Look at you, that is impressive! :D Keep it up, although I hope that the next book(s) will blow you away!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how well Bout of Books went for us both!

      Delete