Friday 19 May 2017

Friday Reads 19th May 2017

Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice and Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader. The idea is to share a sentence or so from the first page and the 56th page of the book you are currently reading!

The Lost Girl of Astor Street
Book Beginning:
"If he doesn't know it already, Jeremiah Crane is about to learn that I'm not the type of girl to be pushed around."
Friday 56:
"Why's he razzing me so hard? It's not like I went out of my way to talk to him. He called out to me." 
I'm actually heading straight into a reading slump at the moment and I'm hoping this book will pull me out (no pressure)! I love a good mystery and I love books set in the 1920s so this should be a definite win? I'm only one chapter in but I like what I've read so far!  


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading. 

12 comments:

  1. I like that beginning. Hope this one solves the reading slump. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mysteries do help get us out of slumps. Hope it works. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beginning sounds good. I like the cover, too. Hope this ends the slump for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck escaping your reading slump. Hope this story helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "Razzing" me line. Fits so well.

    Hope you enjoy this and it pulls yourself out of your reading slump. Don't beat yourself up about it, honestly, take a couple of days off and you'll probably feel better. Hugs x

    Here's mine: http://bit.ly/2qxXXYr

    Enjoy a lazy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like fun. I hope it breaks your slump. This week I am spotlighting Say You're Sorry by Melinda Leigh. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An ominous beginning. Makes me curious.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like how this one sounds...so thanks for sharing, and enjoy! Here's mine: “THE PEOPLE AT NUMBER 9”

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cover. That beginning, the girl has grit and I like that a lot. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got me at the cover! Knowing it's a mystery has me even more intrigued!

    I have a giveaway with my Friday post on my blog, hope you pop by and join in:
    http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2017/05/friday56-book-beginnings-giveaway-open.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sound of this book! Hope it gets you out of the slump!
    Here's my Friday Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the sound of it! Happy reading. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete