Sunday 28 May 2017

Sunday Post 28th May 2017

STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it or click the title to go to the review.


Last Week on the Blog:

  • Monday Highlights #7
  • Top Ten Books I Want to Read This Summer
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Mid Year Freak Out Tag
  • Friday Reads
  • Mini Reviews

Exam Updates

I did yet more exams this week and I thought that I would give you all an update on how they went. This week I finished both of my English literature and they both went well I believe. I am just happy to not have to quote any books, plays or poems any more. I also did a maths, physics and geography exam and I know get a week of before having to do another 10 more exams!

Books We Got This Week:

Ann:
Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2)
Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare: I came home after one of my exams this week to find that Clare had brought me this book as a present and I found it very hard to resist not reading it straight away.

Reading Update:

Ann:
Love Song
Love Song by Sophia Bennett: I managed to find some time this week to read and finish Love Song while still revising for all my exams and I loved it! It was an amazing book and I was glad I was able to finish it!

Next Week on the Blog:

  • Monday Highlights #8
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Clare's May Wrap Up and June TBR
  • Friday Reads
  • Ann's May Wrap Up and June TBR

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.

10 comments:

  1. Ooh hope Lord of Shadows is good. And glad that Love Song WAS good!

    Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all of Cassandra Clare's books and I am hoping that Lord of Shadows is as good as the others! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure I won't be able to stand it and will grab a copy of Lord Of Shadows. LOL Love Song sounds like a good summer read. Have a great holiday weekend.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I have already started reading it even though I need to be revising for my exams! Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. I'm curious about Cassandra Clare's books. Enjoy your week, and thanks for sharing. Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend you read them! All of the characters are amazing, I love them! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on making it through some of your exams and good luck with the upcoming ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I can't believe I only have 10 more to go, it feels like I only just started them.

      Delete
  5. LORD OF SHADOWS! I hope you love it - looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
    Megan @ http://wanderingsofabookbird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already started reading it, I couldn't resist!

      Delete