Sunday 10 December 2017

Sunday Post 10th December 2017

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader.

Last Week on the Blog:


Books We Got This Week:

Star Wars: AhsokaThe Glass Sentence (The Mapmakers Trilogy, #1)Unearthed (Unearthed, #1)
Star Wars Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston: This and The Glass Sentence were both sent to me by Vera @ Regal Critiques who is just the best! I've been wanting this book for a while. I love Star Wars but know next to nothing about Ahsoka (although she is apparently my Mum's favourite character) so I am excited to read this!
The Glass Sentence by S.E. Grove: I've wanted this for so long and can't understand why I never bought it for myself but I have it now and I'm so pumped for it!! Its an absolutely stunning hardcover and it's compared to Philip Pullman so win win!
Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: I was resigned to waiting for the January release date of this in the UK. But then Book Depository had it available in paperback from Australia and I've never ordered something so fast! It's only a month earlier than expected but it's exciting for me! 

Reading Update:

Keep Me Safe (Seal Island #1)EleganceThe DebutanteThe Perfume Collector
Keep Me Safe by Daniela Sacerdoti: 4.5 stars, Full review for this coming soon. This was emotional and heartwarming and made me believe so much. 
Elegance/The Debutante/The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro: 3 stars, See how lazy I'm getting? This isn't even a series and I'm reviewing them altogether. BUT I basically have the same thoughts about all three which was that they were elegant and surprising but not as absorbing as I wanted. The Perfume Collector was probably my favourite of the three.
High RisingIn the Name of Love (Florence Love #2)
High Rising by Angela Thirkell: 4 stars, This was charming and funny in a very old fashioned Nancy Mitford-esque way. I really enjoyed it and will probably read more of the series when I can.
In the Name of Love by Louise Lee: 4.5 stars, SO fun. Also gave me major wander-lust. I miss Italy and want to go back there soon so it was super satisfying to read about. Florence was such a wonderful character.



Next Week on the Blog:

  • Monday Highlights #35
  • Top Ten Books of 2017
  • Clare Reviews: The Dragons Legacy by Deborah A. Wolf
  • Clare Reviews: Keep Me Safe by Daniela Sacerdoti

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Unearthed! And Star Wars: Ahsoka looks fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy your new books. I can't wait to read Unearthed.

    Happy readings! ;)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to Unearthed as well. I loved the Starbound books, and cannot wait to see what Spooner and Kaufman have in store for us. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is reading Unearthed. I'll probably join in too. I love how so many covers of your books have snow on them:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it looked like snow on them. LOL

    ReplyDelete